Sunday, June 9, 2013

Finished THE GAP INTO VISION: FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE

Like Game of Thrones, Thomas Covenant, Lord of the Rings, and others, these books don't resolve themselves to some degree at the end of each book.  They just kind of leave you in the middle of the action.  TR is reading them straight through (5 books at the moment.)  I, however, need breaks and it will be quite a while before I get back.  I love Stephen R. Donaldson's complex and very intelligent characters.  Most of these are victims turned preditors, but their intelligence and complexity makes them very intriguing.  The vocabulary show-off doesn't show up as much in these books as in the Thomas Covenant series, so TR is finding it much more readable.  I love both series...the man can craft a story!  This story is mainly about Morn coping with Nick Succorso and Angus coping with the cops.

The Gap into Vision: Forbidden Knowledge (Gap, #2)

I am about to start a collection of short stories edited by P. N. Elrod:  My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding.

My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (Dark-Hunter, #10.5; There Be Pirates, #1; Night Creature, #1.1; Kit and Olivia, #2; Sookie Stackhouse, #6.1; The Dresden Files, #7.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment