Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Finished BLOOD AND CIRCUSES

Blood and Circuses (Phryne Fisher, #6)

My experience with a small Shrine circus in the southern Midwestern US was somewhat different from the circus described in1920's Australia.  I saw no such hierarchy among/ between performers as was going on in this book.  As a costumer (not hired by the circus, but rather by individual performers), I hung with my friend, who was a clown, and two of his friends who were high trapeze artists.  Other performers and workers (roustabouts) were friendly.  Nonetheless, I loved this book.  I'm drawn to circuses, carnivals, festivals, craft and art shows...well all kinds of outdoor entertainment that don't qualify as "sports" and this was a good story.  I enjoyed the new characters we met in this one and the solving of a crime on two different fronts.


10599805

I have just started A Perfect Blood, by Kim Harrison, book 10 of the Rachel Morgan series.  I find this series clever, inventive, fun, and satisfying.  I love both the characters (Rachel, Jinx, and Ivy) as well as the setting (post "change" Cincinnati--ie. a future world.)  I have only just started, but already I am into it as Rachel is having radical identity--not theft--loss issues and to relieve a couple of those issues, she takes on a very challenging case assigned by a very scary vampire....  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment