Saturday, December 27, 2014

Finished THE CAPTIVE

293983

Although I don't find this the best or most exciting of L. J. Smith's books, I do find it engrossing and inventive.  Though, I find teenage angst causing good people to make mistakes and do stupid things annoying, I also find that it rings true.  As in the commercial,  "people in horror stories make bad choices."

12959233

I have now just barely started Winter of the World by Ken Follett.  This is the sequel to The Fall of Giants and is about World War II.  It is the second book of a trilogy.  I don't know if the third book is even out yet, but, if so, it is not yet in paperback.  I enjoyed the characters in the first book and learned a huge amount about the war.  And I enjoyed the book even more than I did Pillars of the Earth and World Without End because the author did not have to create a never-ending heinous villain for this--the villain existed in reality--it was the war.  I hope to enjoy this as much or even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment