Friday, November 13, 2015

Finished TRIPLE

13084072

I do not think of myself as a spy novel enthusiast, but, given a great author, I find myself at the edge of my seat in "have to finish" mode.  Stayed up an hour beyond bedtime to finish this one last night.  Great yarn!

15841830

Am now starting The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice.  Read some of the reviews on Goodreads, Wow.  Lots of people really hate this book!  But I have loved everything I've read by Anne Rice, including Christ the Lord, which has started me off reading The Lost Scriptures, and other collections of Apocrypha.  So I will go boldly ahead, expecting to love this.  The problem lots of people have with her is that her monsters can be likable while traditional.   Lots of people have trouble "suspending belief" (that is, stepping into a fantasy world), but I can't even imagine them trying to read an Anne Rice novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment