Friday, June 10, 2016

Finished MOBBED

Great plots, Good resolution.  All is well.  Love books by this author.

12147717

The kid, his mom, and I finished Out of the Dust yesterday (I think both of them learned some things about our history and was pleased with Gabe's progress in drawing conclusions) and started Holes.  I asked what he thought Stanley symbolized and he answered "innocence" right away.  His symbolism will evolve by the end of the book, but Gabe was right on for now and I am very happy.

The fourth book I'll be tutoring this summer is West Side Story.  I was rather surprised that it is the novelization of the musical rather than the libretto, but it serves his teacher's purposes.  She simply wanted him to have some experience with the Romeo and Juliet story before they read it in school this year.  It is a little raw for this sheltered child, but his mom will be reading it with us, so problems he has with it can be addressed by both of us.

918789

No comments:

Post a Comment