Sunday, April 9, 2017

Finished SHIRLEY JONES, A MEMOIR

16130448

As always with celebrity biographies, I learned she was in more than I'd realized.  I also enjoyed following her progress on Broadway and in Vegas as well as touring--things that don't stay in my perview daily.  I enjoyed reading about her experiences of people she worked with and, as always, was very disappointed in some of them.  These biographies always underline how much like the rest of us and how very human celebrities are as well as letting us see that a celebrated lifestyle is not always what is it seen as by those of us watching from the outside.

6610376

I've now started The Night of the Solstice, by L. J. Smith.  Oddly, Goodreads tells me I have read it--four years ago and I see my review of it...  But, I have no memory of it.  Alzheimers?  I will stop reading if I get to the point where I am remembering it and know what is happening next.

No comments:

Post a Comment