Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Completed another 100 pages of ROUGHING IT.


In this section, Twain is in Virginia, Nevada, working at a newspaper in a silver mining boom town.  Then he goes to San Francisco just to see the sights, and, through an unfortunate happenstance, winds up staying.  As you can see, the book I am reading is a beautifully illustrated hardback.  But that is also why I am only reading 100 pages at a time--it is heavy to lug around!

Now I am reading Mindbend by Robin Cook.  Already a doctor has killed his wife and himself and a med student is becoming violent, both against their normal nature.  There is an overtone of using aborted fetuses for some unknown purpose.  I have no idea how I have missed this book in my reading, but I have...until now.

66472

No comments:

Post a Comment