Thursday, January 18, 2018

Finished BLOOD NOIR

6098682

I continue to be in awe of especially fantasy writers because of the variety of complications they can come up with.  I don't mind at all that this is far-fetched.  Shoot, fantasy is far-fetched.  I continue to enjoy these books, as much for the characters as for the complications.

I have now started reading The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine, a #1 Ladies Detective Agency book by Alexander McCall Smith.  This is, as usual, a break from both "edge of your seat" thrillers and from the madness of everyday life.  Mma. Ramotswe is intelligent, calm, tactful, and gentle.  She often thinks of things to say which are so different from what I would have said in that situation (and so much more intelligent) that she is not only delightful, but funny.  Love these books.

25329003

No comments:

Post a Comment