Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Finished PRINCE LESTAT AND THE REALMS OF ATLANTIS and one other

34002216

Once again leaving Anne Rice's world leaves me vaguely mourning and longing.  I love her imagination and her love for the atmosphere and characters she creates.  Again, her world is sensuously lush and keeps enticing me back.

Having seen Chelsea Clinton on one of our talk shows promoting this picture book for little girls, I wanted to see it, ordered it and read it.  It is cute.  All thirteen of these women have a number of full length biographies about them, but for our great grandaughter, this may be a neat beginning book in historical study.  I may seek longer biographies next Christmas for my nieces.

34608694

I have now started Urn Burial, #8 in the Phryne Fisher Mystery series.  Phryne has accepted an invitation to get together with a friend, family and other friends at a gothic house in the country.  Shortly after arriving, she figures out that someone is trying to kill her host and now the river level has risen cutting them off until it goes down...  A classic beginning to a murder mystery.

13416844

No comments:

Post a Comment