Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Finished DEATH BEFORE WICKET

4445058

I think this was the 10th in the Phryne Fisher Mystery series.  Not knowing or understanding a thing about Cricket, there were parts of this that left me pretty lost.  But the mysteries--two sort of but eventually the first became at least three--were involving.  The book as a whole, like the other mysteries in this series that I have read was busy in a leisurely way, delightful, and compact.  One is left surprised that so much is contained in such a short book.

I have now started Dead to Me by Anton Strout, the first of a series of Urban Fantasies about a psychically gifted young man named Simon Canderous.  I had been dreading this book because I bought it on a whim after reading a short story by the author in an anthology called Shadowed Souls.  I had been intrigued at the time, but by now I'd forgotten the story entirely.  Well, I am two chapters in and I am hooked.  Some abilities, it turns out, can be as much curse as gift.

1823237

No comments:

Post a Comment