Thursday, February 6, 2020

Finished PANDEMIC and one other

Pandemic

A couple little things at the end didn't exactly add up, or at least they were a stretch.  But, I'm not that critical.  The book kept my attention and was very readable.  I enjoyed it.

Then I read Poems by Trump:  Whose Boat is the Boat & Other Poems.  I admit I got conned on this.  I went to Amazon looking for Whose Boat is this Boat, and thought this was it plus more.  It is not.  Perhaps I am giving Trump too much credit, but I can't believe he actually said the things in here and even if he did they are too disgusting to print.  Not even worth one star.

42477265. sx318

I have now started Ken Follett's A Column of Fire, the third in his Kingsbridge saga which started with Pillars of the Earth.  It is now the 16th century and Elizabeth 1 will eventually be queen, sending the countryside into spasms of worry about what will happen to Catholics.  Of course, now Protestants are being persecuted.  Ned, a merchant's son is in love with Marjorie, another merchant's daughter, but her family wants her to marry the Earl of the area, a brute. 

40640859



No comments:

Post a Comment