Thursday, June 25, 2020

Read first 100 pages of JONATHAN STRANGE AND MR. NORRELL

823763

The book is linguistically readable and very interesting with tongue-in-cheek humor (similar to Mark Twain's) which I easily relate to.  However the print is so small and the binding is so strong that I physically struggle to read the print near the binding and, after a very short time, my eyes and hands are tired.  So I am pausing to pick it up another day.

I have now started Jackdaws by Ken Follett.  Jackdaws are a number of young women who were sent by Britain to France during the Nazi occupation to work with the French Resistance and sabotage strategics targets.  It starts with one young woman and her husband who are trying to destroy the communication network in Paris using which troops would be sent to the beach(es) invaded on D Day.  The Nazis needed this since they didn't know which beach(es) would be invaded.

5062

No comments:

Post a Comment