Saturday, February 6, 2021

Finished CRIMSON DEATH

 



Wow this was a long book.  And I was wrong.  In looking at it I assumed it would have a complicated plot/adventure.  But it took more than half the book to even get to the adventure part.  Prior to that, it was about complicated relationships.  Now, I find that interesting...character and relationships, and this author gives me lots of them.  When the adventure did get started, however, it did become exciting in an edge of the seat kind of way.  Of course I knew Anita would survive--there is a next book--but how she was going to do it was a mystery as well as which of her inner circle would survive.

 

I have now started Under the Dragon's Tail, the second of the Detective Murdoch series.  I like the way Maureen Jennings introduces each character before she begins the mystery.  We learn a little about each character, although we will learn more as we go on.  We also learn a little bit more about Detective Murdock in each book.  Right now, a woman is found dead in her house, a victim of an obvious accident.  Of course, we readers of mysteries know it will most likely turn out to be murder....

 



No comments:

Post a Comment