Monday, March 15, 2021

Finished HARVEST SEASON

 


Melinda's life is up in the air.  She has been taking care of the farm and working at her uncle's hardware store.  But Horace is moving back into the farm, her friend Susan is doing her best to get Melinda a job at the company Susan works for, and her uncle will return to the store as soon as he is well.  This new life was always meant to be temporary.  How are things going to work out?

I enjoyed the story...it is calm, thoughtful, peaceful, but, surprisingly not uninteresting.  My parents moved out to a farm they had purchased after I went to college.  I spent three years there and abouts while getting my master's degree...one full year living there and the two others near enough to see them a lot.  Ours was an orchard farm, but we had vegetables, pigs, a cow, and chickens, so this triggers memories and nostalgia in me.

I am now starting the last section of Alexander Hamilton.  This started with the preparation for the duel and the duel itself.  I am now reading about its aftermath, the funeral, reactions in New York and the U. S., and Aaron Burr's life afterward.



No comments:

Post a Comment