Sunday, October 23, 2022

Finished A CRY IN THE NIGHT

 


When I first started this book I thought the opening sounded familiar, but I'd never recorded it in my notebook or on Goodreads.  Then just before I got half-way through, I was sure I knew how it would end, so I skipped to about the third last chapter when I read that the sheriff of the town said something about agreeing with Jenny.  With that much comfort, I went back and read the rest.  It is a cautionary tale, for certain and definitely frightening. 

I have now started The Visitant by Kathleen O'Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear.  I've read a number of books by these authors and all begin with an archeologist finding something that will be important in the story when we go back it time.  But, once in the past we have stayed there.  Now, I think, this series will be going back and forth between the present archeologists and the past Anasazi, showing how the spiritualism effects both.  Getting into it is slow....



No comments:

Post a Comment