Thursday, June 15, 2023

Finished CRUCIBLE, by James Rollins

 


I love this author.  Yes, he seems pretty far-fetched, but much of his book is made up of new scientific discoveries and directions--he just puts them together into a gripping story.  In addition, he has wonderful characters that I, anyway, am emotionally invested in.  This book deals with approaching AI and it's possibilities, and repercussions, both good and bad.  Suspenseful tale.

I have now started Let the Right One In by another Swedish author, John Ajvide Lindqvist.  I love the writing style--lots of dialogue, and when the character is alone, the thinking reads like dialogue.  I don't normally read things classified as horror, though I am not averse to thrillers, supernatural subject matter, or even vampires (big Anne Rice fan.)  One of the reviews of this book compares it to Anne Rice,  I don't see it, though...at least not yet.  None of the characters is really likable (normally a turn-off to me), but protagonists are, at least, understandable--motives are clear and evoke sympathy.  And it is very readable, so I think I will keep reading.







No comments:

Post a Comment