Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Finished BRIGHT SEASON

 


Of course there are complications.  In the first place, Melinda is navigating a new romance, renovating her house, running her drought-ridden farm, and working full time.  I don't know when she finds time to go to the bathroom.  Add finding some letters that gets the whole Schermman family concerned about Horace, and...well, darn that drought!  I have enjoyed the first 6 books of this series, that I just ordered the last four and the first 2 in a new mystery series by this author.  Although the publisher of this series says it is in DE Moines, Iowa, the last page in the book says Coppell, TX.  It is the Y in Coppell, TX, where TR and I attend water aerobics classes.  Could she live right here???

I am now about to head back to The Code Breaker.  The subject of this book, Doudna, was behind the vaccine for Covid.  Though it is fairly technical and gives me a headache occasionally, I have read enough of Robin Cook to have some idea of how stunning results of splitting (cutting and pasting) parts of DNA can be.








No comments:

Post a Comment