Saturday, April 6, 2024

Finished FOLLOW THE ANGELS, FOLLOW THE DOVES

 


The first book of the Bass Reeves Trilogy (an early black lawman and marshall in the west) begins with his birth in slavery and takes him through his freedom.  It is set in Arkansas and Texas and includes some of the Civil War with Bass as personal servant to his master, a general among the Texas contingent.  I enjoyed the book, as I had enjoyed the tv series.

I have now begun Murder in the Village, by Lisa Cutts.  I think I am drawn to these murder mysteries set in English villages by way of loving the PBS series, Midsomer Murders.  I am enjoying getting to know Belinda Penhurst, a 41 year old woman who has lived in a castle in this small village most of her life. Of course it is set in present day and the castle does not support itself, so Belinda has organized tours and books events to help pay the overhead.  Her unpredictable brother often skirts the edge of the law requiring her to rectify his messes.



No comments:

Post a Comment