Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Finished Against All Things Ending

Wow!  I think this was the best book yet in the series.  I am worn out.  There is one book left which I need to order...today.  TR asked me if this was easier than the others.  Well, no.  I don't know how it could be and still be Thomas Covenant.  Both our hero and heroine (shero) are flawed in crippling ways, both physically and psychologically.  But both are heroic while fighting their own demons as well as real physical monsters.  The philosophy, history (of the fantasy environment), great characterization, and conflict after conflict after conflict fly by furiously.  I love this series.  I loved this book.

I am now reading Burnt Offerings by Laurell K. Hamilton, the seventh in the Anita Blake series.  I love the sense of humor in her books--I've been giggling all morning at the wonderfully black humor:  "The bellyband (holster) didn't work well under most formals because you had yards of cloth to raise before you could get to the gun.  It was better than nothing, but only if the bad guy was patient."  At least three or four comments like this per page!  Just the break from Thomas Covenant that I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment