Sunday, September 30, 2012

Finished Burnt Offerings by Laurell K Hamilton

First, let me say, "Aaaaaaghgh"!  I went to order The Last Dark by Stephen Donaldson (the last book in the Thomas Covenant Chronicles) only to discover that it won't be published until next fall--a YEAR from now!  If I am still alive then.  And then, I bet it will be in hardback (I usually wait for the paperback edition of everything--they are easier to read.)  So, I wound up ordering three diet soup cookbooks, though not really instead...

Burnt Offerings was the best book in the Anita Blake series yet. (I am reading them in order).  After giggling my way through the first few chapters, it was edge of my seat for the remaining 300 or so pages.  I was having trouble putting it down.

I have now started Kingsblood Royal by Sinclair Lewis, as recommended by friend Kristin.  She had mentioned that if I had enjoyed Help, I might also enjoy this.  So far (I am only about 3 pages in, but I read the introduction), I am greatly enjoying his writing style.  I don't think I've ever read anything by him before!  Don't know how he managed to escape all these years...

No comments:

Post a Comment