Saturday, July 6, 2013

Finished THE LAND OF PAINTED CAVES

I hate that this series is over.  After the first book in the series, The Clan of the Cave Bear, each subsequent book book has been like an adventurous but mostly peaceful camping trip through what might as well be (to me) a fantasy world of great beauty.  I love camping and I have loved these relaxing, insightful, informative books.   Whenever life or reading had become intense, I could melt into this other world.  After checking Jean Auel's website, I discover no new books either in print or coming.  I figured out she is 77 years old...probably in need of a break.  But still, she should have another book or two in her, don't you think...even at her 7-10 year a book rate?  I wouldn't mind knowing what happened to Durc....

 The Land of Painted Caves (Earth's Children, #6)

I have now started Ava, My Story by Ava Gardner.  I've read the first three chapters where she describes growing up dirt poor, the youngest of 19 children, and the death of her father.  Knowing a little about sharecropping in the 20's and 30's in the south, I don't think she exaggerated one bit...if anything, she seems to be sugar coating it a bit.  I think I'll be enjoying this book.

Ava: My Story

No comments:

Post a Comment