Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Finished THE UNSPOKEN

I enjoyed the book.  Heather Graham's view of spirits is similar to mine--they won't be much different than they were in life and most will be benign.  The "mummy's curse" theme of this book is a fun approach and there is some information on the ages of ancient Egypt that I hadn't known before which is always fun as well as some facts about Lake Michigan I hadn't known.  I'd enjoyed Chicago when I went, but this book makes me think I'd enjoy going back.

The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)

I have now started The Origin of Satan by Elaine Pagels.  It examines the Bible and other religious writing to discover the beginnings of the devil as we see him in present day Christianity.  It would appear that he pretty much appears in his present form with the beginning of Christianity and seems to be used to blame the Jews for Jesus' death as a way of telling the Romans that they had nothing to fear from Christians.

The Origin of Satan: How Christians Demonized Jews, Pagans and Heretics

No comments:

Post a Comment