Sunday, December 29, 2013

Finished 3001 THE FINAL ODYSSEY

63432

An ingenious ending to a great series.  I can't say much more without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't read it.  I'm not sure I loved the ending, but, perhaps it simply illustrates the old adage that "it is a truly ill wind that blows no one any good."  (Or something like that.)  I always say "There are pros and cons to everything."  Leave it to Arthur C. Clarke to find a "pro" to this particular thing.  'Nuff said.

13092142

I am now reading The Key  by Simon Toyne, the second book in a trilogy started with Sanctus.
It took forever for Goodreads to find this book.  I typed in The Key and it gave me The Secret Garden.  What?  I had it search for "The Key by Simon Toyne" and it told me it didn't exist.  Finally I had it list everything it had by Simon Toyne and then it found it.  It the meantime, it was impossible to delete The Secret Garden, so I put it on the "want to read" shelf even though I don't.

I am on page 53 of The Key.  The intrigue is already fierce and I already can't put it down.  I am not asking Dan Brown to move over, I'm just glad both of these authors are in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment