Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Finished THE KEY

Finished and loved The Key by Simon Toyne, the second book in the Santos trilogy.  One main character now appears to be safe while a second has been left quite possibly dying.  So, the third book, The Tower is a must.  I very much doubt that it is out in paperback as yet, so I have a while to wait for it.

13092142

Simon Toyne has been compared to Dan Brown, and I agree with the comparison, but there are differences.  The challenge is there as well as the thrill ride.  I have enjoyed this a lot.

I am now about to start Nano by Robin Cook, but I haven't even opened the book as yet, so, so far, no report.

13593529

I finished The Key just after midnight last night, so I guess Goodreads has it right--it really does count as read in 2014....I was hoping I could get it under the wire, but the good side is I have a head start on next year.  I challenged myself to read 50 books in 2013 and only read 43...I read a lot of long books and have no intention of changing that, so...I'm only going to challenge myself to read 45 this year--that will match the number of books I read in 2012...and the books I read do seem to be getting longer.

Watched Moneyball--took me two days to do it...Finished it yesterday.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Applying nerd thinking to a sport!  What fun!  And whoa--I guess Brad Pitt CAN act!  It was a great "upper" after Saving Private Ryan.

Moneyball

No comments:

Post a Comment