Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Finished THE HEART OF EVIL


10456697

This is the third Krewe of Hunters book I have read...it is second in the series, but I read one out of order.  I've enjoyed them all so far--gentle helpful ghosts, mostly nice people, but of course there is always at least one villain.  Perfectly natural mysteries but with ghosts trying their best to help find the culprit.  I enjoy and relax into these books.


19063

I have now started The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.  All of my Goodreads buddies have already read it.  I have saved seeing the movie until after reading the book, but now, just a bit over 100 pages in, I fear I will be greatly disappointed by the movie.  The book is narrated by Death.  I will be very surprised if the movie doesn't lose this marvelous point of view--this unusual voice.  I admit that being a reading teacher for 34 years may help me to love the theme of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment