Saturday, August 9, 2014

Finished FINISHED SHADOW OF NIGHT and started two more.

11559200

Really loved this one...maybe even more than the first in the series, A Discovery of Witches.  In this they are back in the past of Christopher Marlowe and Shakespeare (which may be why I loved it so much).  Now they have come back to the present, and problems are seriously shaping up for them.  And who knows how long I have to wait for the third book in the series to be written!!!  Let alone, in paperback!!

1396008

I then switched to this.  I read the first part of this book a long time ago, The Sword in the Stone, thinking I might want to read it with my students.  I got a classroom set and waited to get a class of good enough readers to handle it, but I never did---or at least I never did after I'd read it and prepared.  I had lots of individual students who could have handled it, but never a classroom set...  So, I have just finished the second book--the Queen of Air and Darkness.  I thought it would be Morgan Le Faye, but here, it was her sister, Morgaise,  daughter of Igraine and the mother of Gawaine, Agravaine, Geharis, and Gareth.  This book centers mostly around her family, with Arthur's battle against Lot (Morgaise' husband) running a counterpoint.  Well written and much more entertaining than Morte d' Artur was.  I will come back to it, but now....

66468

I have started Fever.  I am only to page 7, but it seems like it will be about cancer-causing pollution.  It promises to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment