Saturday, August 23, 2014

Finished THE INITIATION by L. J. Smith

Well, of course, The Secret Circle is a coven of witches who Cassie meets and comes to know.  Combining good and evil, her new friends are both comforting and terrifying.  This is the first of at least three books in the series.  I have no idea how many books there are since the author is still alive and will probably live longer than I will...so, I suspect, there will continue to be a new supply from her, if not in this series, in many more.

879215

I have now started A Man Rides Through, by Stephen R. Donaldson, the second (and I think last) in the Mordant's Need series, the first of which was The Mirror of Her Dreams.  I have only just started (p 20), but already I am into it.  It starts with a first battle in a war, which would usually be off-putting for me, but, again Donaldson's characters and environment are so quirky, I am draw in in spite of myself.

22867

No comments:

Post a Comment