Friday, January 8, 2016

Finished KITE RUNNER

77203

After having read True American about a Pakistani man translated to Texas, I wanted to read a novel that would give me more insight into Muslim culture.  This certainly is a beginning of that.  The clash between Sunni and Shea is discussed as it effected (effects) culture in Afghanistan and I rapidly found I had no trouble equating the Taliban with Nazis (Hosseini strongly implies it).  It is not an easy book to read, since so much of the inhumanity described cannot be shrugged off as fiction--it had happened and is probably still happening.  It probably also describes life under ISIS and the Boco Harram.  But, I believe, it is a hopeful book written by a hopeful and involved man.  I will read more books by him.

43545

With only a few more an 100 pages left, I am returning to The Once and Future King.  I will now read the fourth and last book about the overthrow of Arthur.

No comments:

Post a Comment