Thursday, July 7, 2016

Got HANK THE COWDOG ready to teach

180584

As I said last time, this is good for me to teach Gabriel.  It will give him more practice with drawing conclusions and "reading between the lines" with material that is fairly easy to read.

I am beginning to wonder if I haven't underestimated the number of books we can read this summer.  I need to put my head together with Skippy and re-examine our calendar.  If we can fit in another book, I think maybe not another dog book--maybe sci-fi or fantasy.  Maybe Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, or A Wrinkle in Time, or Golden Girl.  We will see how it works out.

200725

I am now heading back to read another hundred pages in Roughing It.  Twain is in Nevada and he and a buddy have decided to establish a ranch on the shore of Lake Tahoe.  They are having a wonderful time, pretty much doing as little as possible and loafing, but hints have been given that this will not last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment