Monday, March 6, 2017

Finished PEOPLE OF THE LONGHOUSE

8921089

This is a series of four books using archeological evidence to explore and speculate on the reasons for and development of the Confederation of the Iroquois.  This book begins to describe just how violent Iroquois society had become by the 1400s.  However the predominate story is of tracking particularly cunning criminals who are mistreating children.  During the action, the trackers and the children overcome tribal suspicions and animosities to work together.  I'm looking forward to the next book in the series, The Dawn Country.

I have now started Roswell or Bust by Henry Melton.  This is the author I met at a sci-fi convention here in Dallas, who is writing about traditional themes in sci-fi with a modern and highly scientific twist for YAs.  I am in love with his books.  This one starts with a high school student who is working in his family business--a motel in Las Vegas, New Mexico, and a traveling man who is obviously running from someone or something mysterious.  I've just started it and am already into it.

5571286

An unfortunate thing is that, when my summary of my reading for last year came out on Goodreads, the Henry Melton book I'd read, Emperor Dad, had been read by only about six other people...  These books and this author is great...I hope I can encourage other people to try them out.





No comments:

Post a Comment