Friday, October 6, 2017

Read another 100 pages of THE WITCHES

28449076

This section was pretty dry and slow going because it included lots of background information about the times, the government, the accused as well as the magistrates and jurors.  It covered through the hanging of the first 6 witches.  Mostly interesting...just dry.  Lots of info I didn't know before, and I had researched the subject and visited Salem prior to teaching The Crucible.

I have now started Mortal Fear by Robin Cook.  This is a pretty old one and I don't know how I've missed it.  Middle aged men are dying of heart attacks and strokes within a month of getting a good report from a comprehensive physical complete with cardiograms and an active stress test.  What is wrong?  This strikes home for me because my sister (age 46) died of such a heart attack three weeks after receiving  a clean bill of health.

529817

No comments:

Post a Comment