Friday, September 28, 2018

Finished AWAY WITH THE FAIRIES

1339025

Again I love these books.  Our heroine is a modern woman in 1928 Melbourne, Australia.  Her lover has been kidnapped by pirates and the police bring her in on the murder of a writer and illustrator of fairy stories.  So she joins the staff of a women's magazine that the deceased had worked at as well as coordinating with the matriarch of the Chinese family her lover is the heir of to try to find out what has happened to him.  So, obviously, a huge amount is contained in a pretty short book even though the writing style never seems hurried, including much dialogue as well as quite satisfactory descriptions of environments, characters and what they wear.

I am now about to start The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, Book One) by Rachel Morgan.  I kind of got this book by accident since Rachel Morgan is the name of Kimberly Harrison's Hollows series which I read the last book of.  So I saw this and quickly jumped to the conclusiion that this was the start of her new series.  Of course it is not, but, since I have it, I'll give it a try.

18710351

No comments:

Post a Comment