Thursday, January 19, 2012

Starting Lillian Gish's Autobiography


Since all I seem to do these days is exercise and read, I've decided to share my reading. About a week ago I finished reading The Help.  Tom and Larry gave me the movie for Christmas, but I'm worried it couldn't possibly be as good as the book. Love the storytelling in first person by three characters.... A very moving book.
 
I'm going to try to fit the movie into our week-end.  Hope it is as good as the wonderful reviews I've heard from my friends.

Then I read Night of the Vampires by Heather Graham. The premise supposes that part of what made the Civil War so bloody was opportunistic vampires not only feeding on but turning fallen soldiers. A fast read that was lots of fun.

Now I am reading Lillian Gish's autobiography, The Movies, Mr. Griffith, and Me. It is longer than your average celebrity autobiography and is a wealth of information and stories about making early movies (I'm reading about the early silent films at the moment) and the development of an art form.

TR has just started reading the first Chronicles of Thomas Covenant...Lord Foul's Bane. I rather envy him the adventure which he has ahead of him. I have read the first book of the last Chronicles and have the second and third, but I break them up with other books. TR will read all nine books through without breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment