Thursday, January 31, 2013

Finished A Feast For Crows

Just before I finished this book, I got a notification from Amazon that the paperback of A Dance of Dragons (next book in the series) won't be released until fall of 2014!  Ahhhhhgh.  George R. R. Martin and Stephen Donaldson (Thomas Covenant) are driving me nuts!   I'm wondering if A Dance of Dragons paperback will be timed to coincide with the release in hardback of the sixth in the series...

The book was aptly named.  It truly was the remaining littler nobles fighting over the bones that are left in the land.  As the book ends, there are really only a couple real villains left, though one could make a case for "Lady Stoneheart."  But, Martin seems to be very good at giving us villains to hate as well as heroic, though flawed humans to love.

I have now started  A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry) by Laurell K. Hamilton.  One chapter in, King Tyranos is plotting against them...

No comments:

Post a Comment