Saturday, February 9, 2013

Finished A Lick of Frost and One Other

A Lick of Frost by Laurell K. Hamilton ended with Taranis (King of the Seelie) totally insane and Andais (Queen of the Unseelie) nearly so.  This is not really a spoiler--we've known this for several books--but they have both become amazingly difficult for our Meredith to live with.  In addition, there is good news, but this could be a spoiler...  :-)

Then I read a children's chapter book--Precious and the Puggies, by Alexander McCall Smith.  This is about Precious' first detective case solved at the age of 8.  It is written in Scots dialect, which is fun, but leaves me wondering about the connection between the dialect and a little girl who lives in Botswana...  I suppose it is up there with reading Winnie the Pooh in Latin.

Now I am reading The Vampire Files, Volume Three, by P. N. Elrod.  I have finished the first book in the volume--A Chill in the Blood-- which, as usual I thoroughly enjoyed.  It broaches the subject of the corruption of the law enforcement authorities of the '30s and explains the rock and the hard place ordinary honest citizens (and vampire detectives) find themselves between.  The second book in the volume is The Dark Sleep and I am only one chapter in.

No comments:

Post a Comment