Friday, February 15, 2013

Finished The Vampire Files, Volume Three

The second (and last) book in The Vampire Files, Volume Three, by P. N. Elrod, is The Dark Sleep which is one of those stories that I found myself mourning the fact that I'd finished it.  It started rather slowly, but the characters were very interesting, so I didn't mind.  But it definitely built by the end and I was unable to put it down.

I have now started Dying for Mercy by Mary Jane Clark.  It was mixed in with some Mary Higgins Clark books at a rummage sale and I bought it by accident.  But, I figured, it got in the door, I might as well read it.  Well, it reads very much like Mary Higgins Clark's books:  short chapters, each chapter from the point of view of the next character in the story, sections dated.  I haven't figured out yet if it is a mystery, a thriller, or both...it is reading like a mystery, but it could develop into a thriller pretty easily.  I'm enjoying it so much, I bought four more of her books today at Half Price Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment