Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Finished Dying For Mercy

It was pretty satisfying.  Combination mystery/ thriller in Mary Higgins Clark style.  One of the problems with having a recurring character is that putting her in danger isn't all that suspenseful since we know she has to be around in the next book.  That said, the people around her are not so safe.  I liked the premise--that a man has found religion and has decided to commit suicide (alright, that IS a contradiction in terms) and does it in such a bizarre way that it points to clues he has left to solve a closed case crime as well as a present day criminal.  I'm not sure the end totally tied all the loose ends, but the book was certainly fun to read.

People of the Fire (The First North Americans, #2)

I have now started People of the Fire by W. Michael Gear and Kathleen Gear.  It has started a bit hard to follow, but only because it has switched characters a couple times and I am trying to trace the characters I met in the beginning or figure out how they fit together.  I feel certain I just have to read a bit farther and, as usual, the characters, the mythology, and the era are fascinating.  This is set before People of the Earth, and shows the same basic area and mythology, just maybe 1-2 hundred years earlier and the land is seriously changing...becoming dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment