Saturday, May 18, 2013

Finished The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party

The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party (No.1 Ladies Detective Agency #12)

A deliberate misunderstanding solved, a malicious mischief case resolved (if not solved) and Mma. Makutsi's wedding all tackled with respectful humor, wisdom, and love...leaving me, as usual, delighted with this break from high thriller.

I have now started Pale Demon by Kim Harrison.  Of all the supernatural adventures I read (and I read a lot), I think the Hallows series by Kim Harrison is probably my favorite.  I suppose this could be classified as a "buddy trip" embarked on by Rachel, Ivy, Jenks, and, of all people, Trent, by car from Cincinnati to...well, we don't seem to have decided if we are going to Seattle or LA--it seems like that decision should have been made before we started, but we are near Albuquerque--I guess we are going to LA, but...  The four are being pursued by assassins and at least one "watcher" checking to be sure nothing in the way of "black magic" is going on...difficult to avoid when the assassins are using black magic.  Pretty exciting and I love the characters. (even Trent--I wonder if he will be Rachel's next romance.)

Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9)

No comments:

Post a Comment