Saturday, May 21, 2016

Finished Anne Rice's THE WOLVES OF MIDWINTER

18762392

It is always sad to finish an Anne Rice novel.  Suddenly I am ripped from that sensuous, intelligent world back to reality.  I spend the rest of the day trying to mentally find my way back there and hoping Anne has written another book since I ordered this one.  We spend this novel learning more about the Morphenkind and their incredible neighbors, expanding family and fending off attack.  A good read.

Again I am tutoring Gabe this summer.  He is going into 8th grade and has only one book as required reading, Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse.  Set during the depression and dust bowl in Oklahoma, Billie Jo is about 14 as the story starts in 1934.  The style is first person, blank verse.  I've not read this book before and I am now reading it to ready it to teach.

25346


No comments:

Post a Comment