Thursday, May 26, 2016

Finished GREEN MILL MURDER

2128490

Again I am amazed by the number and complexity of plots Kerry Greenwood can fit into less than 200 pages, as well as his many quirky and often fun characters.  These books are always a delight to read.

The second book I will be reading with Gabe this summer will be Holes by Louis Sachar which I have read before and loved.  I never had a chance to read it with my students in the classroom and am very much looking forward to reading it with Gabe.  Holes has received every award available to YA books.  An innocent boy is sent to a delinquent boy's camp where the inmates must dig holes in the ground every day.  Gabe's teacher wanted him to read a distopian novel in preparation for reading Brave New World in school next year.---YLLLLK  She suggested 1984.  Double YLLLLK.  I thought about Animal Farm, but then decided I could make Holes fit the definition and it is a much more upbeat novel!

38695

No comments:

Post a Comment