Monday, January 2, 2017

Finished LES MISERABLES

24280

When Hugo gets around to telling his story, he becomes edge of your seat interesting.  His descriptions of people are also quite beguiling along with descriptions of place.  But, when he goes off on his tangents or into his opinions, he can be quite dry.  It will be awhile before I attempt another unabridged Hugo, but, if I live long enough, I may tackle Hunchback.

I am now about to begin a children's picture book--Usborne Illustrated Guide to Greek Myths and Legends.  I have a number of books on legends and myths of the world which I have kept as reference materials when I encounter a creature I've not heard of before in my reading of fantasy.  But, now I have decided to go ahead and read these...

29369159

No comments:

Post a Comment