Sunday, July 30, 2017

Finished AND THE MOUNTAINS ECHOED

Have you ever been invited to something that you would not normally, because of skin color, religion, era, culture, or sex have been invited to?  That is how special and privileged being invited to the culture and emotions within this book is.  There are only a few authors who have given me this: Achebe, Tan, Hosseini, Auel, the Gears come to mind.  This has been a bittersweet sojourn in a foreign (to me) world for which I will be ever grateful and from which I will be ever changed.

20702308
 
I am now returning to By Blood We Live, short stories by contempory authors about vampires.  I am reading this in sections, simply because too many vampire stories, all with a certain basic sameness, puts me on overload.

6163754

No comments:

Post a Comment