Saturday, July 8, 2017

Finished NEMESIS

2282558

Once again red herrings abound and nearly everyone could be a suspect.  I narrowed it down as Miss Marple did, but I had the wrong murderer.  I did know where the body was, but I missed the motivation of other red herrings entirely.  I do love Agatha Christie.

I have now started Song in the Dark by P. N. Elrod.  This is #11 in her Vampire Files.  Jack Flemming was an investigative reporter before he became a vampire.  Now he owns a nightclub in 1938 Chicago and, though he is not a gangster, he is friends with them.  Most tend to respect him since he has proven time and time again that he is unkillable.  But now he has taken over one of his friend's operation while Gordy is recuperating from the effect of a foiled hit.  And the rest of gangland does not like him or the way he is doing the job...  Writen in the noir style of the time period.

1103992

No comments:

Post a Comment