Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Read 100 more pages of ALEXANDER HAMILTON and finished THE FALL OF CAMELOT

 16130. sy475

In this section Hamilton attempts to adjust to private life and his legal career.  His son is killed in a duel and Aaron Burr challenges him to a duel.

I also finished The Fall of Camelot.  Anyone who has kept up with my reading knows my fascination with the Arthurian legend.  My favorite book that I have read on the subject is The Mists of Avalon, which tells the legend from the point of view of Morgan le Fay and other followers of the old religion--perhaps older than the Druids--earth and goddess worship.  The Fall of Camelot concerns itself with the magic that brought about the ruin of Arthur and Camelot.  Some of the stories I'd never heard before, although many were of course familiar.  Beautifully illustrated and an interesting point of view.

821906

20732409

I have now started Crimson Twilight, one of twelve novellas by as many authors.  This one is set in a castle where two of the Krewe are planning to get married.  However, their plans are stymied by the death of their pastor.  My fear is that this story is so short, it won't have time to create the lovely environment that I love Heather Graham for.

And I am about to start another of The Enchanted World series, The Secret Arts.

821911


No comments:

Post a Comment