Sunday, May 23, 2021

Finished THE EYE OF GOD

 



Another fast moving science fiction/ thriller/ adventure by James Rollins.  This one explores possibilities of quantum physics and dark matter that, of course, went right over my head.  I am quite used to Rollins' scientific references doing that, but I understand enough to appreciate the danger hanging over the world's head and how close they came to not solving the mystery.  This book killed more than most of these, I think, or maybe just more people I'd come to care for.  Deaths of villains are often very satisfying.  Part of what I love about these books is their ability to expand my mind to encompass things I'd never thought of, but mostly I just love sitting on the edge of my seat and being unable to sleep until I finish them...please don't ask me why.

So from one fast-moving book to another that promises to be similarly exciting, but this one is the non-fiction recounting of one man's gathering of ancient religious and secular texts from crumbling in storage areas of homes and archives to restore them, but mostly to protect them from Al Qaeda.  A huge heist from under the military's noses.  Needless to say, I am looking forward to starting The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu.



No comments:

Post a Comment