Sunday, May 2, 2021

Finished THE OPERATOR


This 'verse is different from anything I've read before.  It is a matter of time, but short amounts--seconds.  What can be accomplished in seconds?  This is the second Peri Reed novel I have read.  I don't think I like the 'verse very much, but I do like the heroine (Peri) and some of the people around her.  Characters are complicated, and Peri struggles with a time handicap that keeps her from seeing them clearly....sometimes.  This struggle and mind-bending time dilemma are what keep me interested and at times on the edge of my seat.

I have now started The Look of Love by Mary Jane Clark.  This mystery features Piper Donovan, a pastry chef (specifically cupcakes) who is invited to this fabulous spa and resort in California to bake the wedding cake for one of the owners who will be married there.  No sooner does Piper arrive but someone is murdered.  And our pastry chef is very curious.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment