Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Finished THE LOOK OF LOVE

 


I found this interesting and exciting even though I have never been able to understand the attraction to spas--maybe because they use air scents that interfere with my breathing.  But the murder is only a harbinger of the evil that lies below the surface....  I liked Piper Donovan, an unlikely detective spurred on by her curiosity unafraid of consequences.

I have now started Coming of the Storm, book 1 of Contact: The Battle for America,  by W Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear.  I have loved these books as they explore the lives of native Americans from all over this country before their lives were interrupted by conquerors from another continent.  I therefore begin this series with some trepidation.  Though not the first Europeans to arrive  (earlier ones did themselves in), this starts with De Soto showing up in what is now Tampa Bay (just north of Venice where I have a mobile home, so familiar surroundings.)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment