Monday, April 15, 2013

Finished ME by Katherine Hepburn

Katherine writes like she speaks (spoke.)  The language is elegant and conversational, but sometimes she just strings phrases of impressions together and becomes hard to follow.  That said, I enjoyed  the journey through her memory--what she remembered about friends, family, acquaintances, movies, and above all Spencer Tracy.  Her memories triggered memories for me of her movies and made me want to revisit quite a few of them.

Shadow Souls (The Vampire Diaries: The Return, #2)

I am now starting The Vampire Diaries   The Return: Shadow Souls.  I had liked the last book in the series because of the use of the Japanese mythical creature--the kitsune.  The set of kitsune twins that Smith created for the last book are still in this one and still wreaking havoc, so I am happy.  The odds against Elena and her friends defeating them seem quite great, so, great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment