Sunday, February 26, 2012

Farmer's Branch ISD PTA Book Sale

The entire name of this is the Farmer's Branch ISD PTA Eleventh Annual Gently Used Book Sale.  TR and I went on the first day--Thursday.  We aimed straight for our favorite authors in the fiction section.  The only books by my favorite fantasy authors I found I had already read, but I am mostly up to date on their books (at least with paperback editions.)  I'm not up to date on Tanya Huff or Laurell K. Hamilton, but I found no Huff and the only Hamilton I found was the one I had donated. 

However, I found four Mary Higgins Clark that I had not read and one Robin Cook.  I don't really need to buy much from those authors new...I can always find them at used book sales and thrift stores.  TR was really excited.  He found 9 books he had not read--several by John Jakes.  He was able to fill out the Civil War trilogy and he just lacks one book now in another series.  So it was quite a profitable trip for us.  Now I regret not looking at their CDs and DVDs, but at the time, my back was killing me.  I guess I'll have to take the wheel chair (or maybe a folding stool) next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment