Saturday, February 4, 2012

Great Conversations

TR has just started reading the second book in the Thomas Covenant series, which I have read.  I am reading Clash of Kings (the second in the Game of Thrones series) which TR has read.  It is kind of fun to make a comment when something exciting happens and discuss it with the other.  :-) 

I have just ordered him the second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant and myself Kingsblood Royal by Sinclair Lewis (recommended by friend Kristin.)  TR and I share some things that we both love (like the swords and horses fantasies), but he is not as enamoured with the vampire fantasies (though he loves The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher as much as I do.)  I love and have read just about all of Anne Rice.  He dislikes her greatly.  He loves and has read just about all of Steven King.  I dislike him greatly.  We both love Robin Cook...

I have registered and recorded a number of ratings on http://goodreads.com.  So far, Laura who recommended it to me is my only friend on there.  I'd love more and hope some other friends sign on.

No comments:

Post a Comment